- Protein Type: Irish Grass-Fed Whey Isolate
Nutrition Facts 47 Servings, 25 grams protein, 0 grams sugar, 6.53 grams BCAAs per serving (Industry Leader in BCAA Concentration)
- Entire Life on Pasture Based Certifications by A Greener World's via AWA Standard
- 2021 & 2022 & 2023 Mindful Award Winner - Best Protein Category
- Verified Grass-Fed - Truly GrassꞏFed™ & Ireland's National Food Board
- Certified with Informed-Sport - Accredited 3rd party testing ALL LOT#s
- Certified with Informed-Protein - Label Integrity: Manufacturing, Heavy Metals & Pesticide Free
- 100% No Artificial Anything, unflavored, no sweeteners, non-GMO, cold-processed & non-denatured, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
- Exclusively Sourced from sustainable independent family farms
- Easy To Mix < ¾% Sunflower Lecithin for a smooth & easy-to-mix source of protein
- Environmentally Friendly Packaging with UV barrier protection
- #ASPCA Certified Brand List - Shop with Your Heart!
The Best Grass Fed Whey Isolate
AGN Roots Grass Fed Whey is the product of our commitment to using the best dairy sourcing and preservation-based processing methods. Our focus remains on cultivating nutrient-rich milk and ensuring these nutrients remain viable through the processing life cycle.
AGN Roots naturally contains the highest concentration of naturally occurring nitrogen-based macronutrients and branched-chain amino acids endemic to truly grass-fed dairy operations. Our certification with Informed-Protein assures customers that we steer clear of the ever-growing "Amino Spiking" phenomena dietary supplement brands undertake to bolster and mask low-quality milk nutrition attributes.
Our whey protein isolate holds the ONLY "Entire Life on Pasture" Certified grass-fed whey food label from the global leader of independent farm verification and food label accreditation, the nonprofit A Green World.
Sourced from small herds maintained on family farms in the southeastern coastal grassland of Ireland, AGN Roots is dairy nutrition at its finest, not to get conflated with the loosely regulated "organic" whey from CAFOs or the plastic tubs with very sleek marketing gimmicks.
ASPCA's Shop-With-Your-Heart Certified Brand List
100% Grass Fed Whey Protein
AGN Roots is the #1 and very first brand to be recognized by the ASPCA's Shop With Your Heart Certified Brand List. From 2020 to date, there are only two grass fed whey brands that have made this list. Keep in mind, there is no cost with this list, just objective quality evidence and verifications needed.
It makes you wonder why these other very marketable brands are not on this list despite all the "grass-fed" buzzwords under the cow pie spanning their labels. (farm fed, pasture fed, our favorite "grass-fed finished", etc.)
We prioritize the welfare of the cows we source from, partnering only with milk producers that uphold the highest standards of animal care. By choosing our certified grass fed whey, you are supporting humane farming practices and making a positive impact. It's genuinely a purchase you can feel good about!"
Sustainable Irish Dairy - The Benchmark in Whey Sourcing
Animal Welfare Approved by A Greener World
Preservation Based Processing (PBP)
Regarding whey protein powder, "Preservation Based Processing" refers to the selection criteria used to determine the various whey processing methods that prioritize nutritional quality preservation above extended shelf-life or improve stability.
The critical stages in PBP include -
- pasteurization (Vat)
- curdling (Natural Enzymes)
- cold micro-filtering (cold processing)
- spray drying (> 5% moisture content)
The methods and techniques selected make possible the high-density micro-nutrients (vitamins & minerals), branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), and nitrogenous macro-nutrients endemic to 100% farm fed cows in every serving of AGN Roots Grass Fed Whey Isolate.
The Competition - - ->
Source of Origin: Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO)
Pasteurization: Ultra High Temp Short Time (Flash Pasteurized)
Native Whey Processed: (Filtered direct from milk leaving the macro-nutrients behind with the casein)
Ion Exchange filtered: High Protein content but damaged due to acids used to adjust pH.
Spray Dried (< 2% moisture): Overcooked for extended shelf life and that dusty chalk look.
Sold in Rigid Tub: Typically half-full of desert powder optimized for increased carbon and not air-tight.
EVERY BATCH TESTED - SAFER FOR ATHLETES
Truly Grass Fed Whey Isolate
Easy to Mix Whey Protein
The Right Equipment:
- Do not use a high-speed blender, but rather a vortex-style mixer.
- Whisker balls and shaker bottles are for dessert powders and overcooked dairy protein; foam and froth indicate too much force.
Order of Operation:
- For Smoothies: Protein should be added as a last ingredient and slowly worked into the blended solution.
- For Water and protein: We recommend making a starter batch and adding more liquid to the desired consistency.
- Dispersion and solubility will increase as the mixing temperature approaches ambient room temperature. If the desired solution temperature is cold, pre-mix ahead or chill after mixing.
Clumping is Avoidable:
- Protein powder properly processed from high-quality dairy should not clump. Please click the button below to learn more about water activity and protein dairy powder behavior.